Now displaying: October, 2015
Oct 29, 2015
Jeff Kober is an actor/author who has spent much of the last 35 years
studying metaphysics and meditation here in the US as well as in India. In
this show, our conversation travels through a variety of topics, including
Vedic meditation, the ego and the relationship between money and
spirituality. This past year, I’ve picked up a daily meditation practice
that has had profound impacts in my life, so it was exciting to talk to
someone with 14 years of consistent daily meditation!
I had such a great time speaking with Jeff whose authenticity and
grounded-ness shine through in this interview. Enjoy, and let this inspire
you to delve into the world of meditation if you have not already!
* How Jeff got interested in meditation
* Happiness and meditation
* Jeff’s personal meditation practice
* How mantras work
* What does 14 years of meditation practice look like?
* Ego and meditation
* The Kali Yuga age
* The animal mind
* Buick’s unique happiness campaign
* Jeff’s role in The Walking Dead
* Money and spirituality
* How to connect with Jeff and his work
Oct 21, 2015
What is your personal self-protection strategy?
In this show, we’re joined by Craig Douglas aka “SouthNarc”, an incredible
teacher in the world of self protection with a background as an undercover
narcotics agent and former commander of his agency’s SWAT team. Craig is
here to talk to us about protecting ourselves against predatory violence
using some of the most important tactics to have in your personal
self-protection arsenal: situational awareness and verbal skills to
de-escalate situations. He shares some fascinating insights on how to
identify a “bad guy,” as well as his thoughts on weapon-carrying. I hope
this podcast inspires you to develop a more robust self-protection
Always practice situational awareness!
* A bit about Craig’s work
* Technologically-connected, but physically-disconnected
* Craig’s time as an undercover police officer
* What is a “bad guy”?
* Museum martial art
* Situational awareness
* What to do when someone is too close
* Unequal initiative event
* Craig’s thoughts on weapon-carrying
* How to work with Craig
* Do you have the ability to keep someone from imposing their will on
Oct 6, 2015
“What I am capable of, anyone can learn.” -Wim Hof
Wim Hof — "The Iceman" — is internationally renowned for his countless ice
endeavors that range from being up to his neck in a cylinder filled with
ice cubes for over 90 minutes, swimming large distances under polar ice,
running a marathon barefoot to climbing the Everest in nothing more than a
pair of shorts.
Wim has pioneered a practice of breathing and cold immersion that has
allowed him to set countless world records and can help you to harness your
inner strength and achieve robust health & well-being.
In this episode, Wim shares from the heart on his journey confronting the
cold and how his practices can help you become a better version of yourself
in a very short time period. Our conversation was particularly powerful for
me, as I’ve been playing around with Wim’s breathing and cold immersion
techniques since we’ve spoken and have felt immediate positive effects. I
share a bit about my experience so far in the beginning of the show!
I hope you enjoy our conversation as much as I did!
* What Wim is capable of, anyone can learn
* The Wim Hof Method
* Wim’s journey in confronting the cold
* Getting out of our comfort zones
* Tuning into your primitive, animal self
* Dealing with suppressed emotions that arise when practicing the
* Controlling your pH through breath
* What temperature does Wim keep his home?
* Generating energy through deep breathing
* Enjoying life to the fullest
* Using Wim's breathing techniques to improve sex
* How Wim sees the future of our world