Now displaying: August, 2015
Aug 26, 2015
The war on drugs, which in many ways is really a war on the freedom of our
minds, restricts a natural, evolutionarily adaptive human behavior, that of
exploring non-ordinary states of consciousness. Johann Hari — British
journalist and author of Chasing the Scream — spent three years and
journeyed thirty-thousand-miles investigating the war on drugs. In this
show, Johann shares some of his discoveries through the stories of the
people he met and interviewed along his journey. Let's have a look at some
of the unexpected outcomes of restricting human access to psychoactive
* Is drug addiction real?
* Substance abuse when coping with pain
* The cultural repercussions of prohibition
* Drug-related violence
* Portugal’s experiment and the case for legalization
* Animals and drug use
* Modern drug education for children
* Is there an end in sight for the war on drugs?
Aug 20, 2015
"Environmental toxic mold exposure is a massive health crisis that very
few are aware of," said Asprey. "Mold toxins have been linked to
damaging long-term effects including memory loss, insomnia, anxiety,
depression, trouble concentrating, and even cancer and heart disease."
From your home to your wine to your food… toxic mold is hidden in more
places than you might think, and it can cause some serious health
repercussions for those affected by it. In this interview, Dave Asprey —
the Bulletproof Exec — explores the world of toxic mold with us. He sheds
light on the common symptoms of mold exposure, diagnosing mold in your home
and steps for removing mold & improving air quality in your habitat. He
reveals startling information about mold in our food supply and gives us
the rundown on some of the more common culprits. The information Dave
presents in this interview, and in his Moldy documentary, is absolutely
vital knowledge to have in your toolkit. Prepare to be enlightened…and
possibly a little unsettled, as I was when I first watched Moldy!
* Dave’s latest projects
* Moldy documentary
* Common symptoms of mold
* How do you know if mold is present in your home?
* Are there certain conditions that perpetuate mold?
* Mutant aggressive super molds
* The multi-faceted approach to removing mold from your home
* Correlation between Lyme Disease and mold
* Mold prevention when building a new home
* Improving air quality in your home habitat
* Mycotoxins lurking in your wine, coffee and food & how to avoid them
Aug 12, 2015
Abel James — author of The Wild Diet — joins us for a dynamic conversation
on how he applies ancestral living concepts to his modern life. He breaks
down the philosophies behind The Wild Diet, and we talk a great deal about
how music, cooking and travel tie into the modern day ReWilder’s lifestyle.
Prepare to be inspired to incorporate some of these ancestral practices
into your own life!
* Able Abel
* Using positive speaking to make positive change
* Significance of the “Fat-Burning Man"
* The Wild Diet explained
* Music and its importance to Homo sapiens
* Cooking and food
* Being semi-nomadic and living for experience
* Purging “stuff” for a richer life
* Setting up a home base with intention
Aug 5, 2015
Group sex is quite taboo in our cultural, but in my experience, it is
happening more often than you might realize. Kate Frank is a cultural
anthropologist and group sex expert, and today she joins us to discuss what
she’s found in years of researching group sex across time and cultures
* What is a cultural anthropologist?
* How Kate became interested & what it’s like to work in this field
* What defines group sex?
* Human beings attach a great deal of meaning to their sex lives
* Meanings attached to exchange of sexual bodily fluids
* Who is having group sex and why
* Group sex throughout time
* Polyamory vs. monogamy
* How Kate’s research has affected her life
* Interpreting sexual signals