Now displaying: January, 2015
Jan 27, 2015
In this episode of ReWild Yourself! podcast, I talk with David Morgan
— widely recognized analyst in the precious metals industry — on how to get
started investing in silver for financial survival.
* Health above wealth
* What is money?
* The decline of the US dollar
* How David became interested in silver
* The many uses of silver
* Price disparity between gold and silver
* How to get started investing in silver
* Silver preparedness
* Unique storage ideas for the small silver investor
Jan 20, 2015
Michael Douglas — founder of Maine Primitive Skills School — joins us to
discuss doomsday prepping versus nature literacy. He gives us some great
tips to tune into our wild nature and reconnect to the landscape.
* Mike’s experience on Doomsday Preppers
* What is survival?
* Stages of growth in survival
* Our modern attention disorder
* Tending the landscape
* How does the modern person reconnect to the landscape?
* Boredom is a sign of a weak mind
* Simple trick for instantly tuning in to your innate wildness
Jan 13, 2015
Arthur Haines is back on the podcast to discuss ancestral survival skills.
We talk about the history of these natural human skills, as well as how the
modern feral human can master these skills today.
* What does it look like to surthrive using primitive skills
* How to learn primitive skills
* Eating 100% wild foods — is it possible?
* The bow
* How many people does it take to sustainably surthrive in nature
* Arthur’s personal water strategy
* Indigenous peoples’ water strategies
* History of human fire use
* How to create friction fire
* How important is fire to surviving in a natural landscape?
* Learning recipes vs learning concepts
Jan 6, 2015
Tony Blauer — a pioneer in Combatives and self defense training — discusses
primal self defense and offers some excellent reasons on why you should
learn how to defend yourself from predatory violence.
* How Tony became interested in self defense
* Consentual dualing vs predatory violence
* Why “the pacificist” needs to learn this
* How long it takes to learn to defend yourself
* Indignation energy
* Startle-flinch response
* Compliant vs non-compliant opponent