Now displaying: August, 2014
Aug 26, 2014
In this episode of ReWild Yourself! podcast, I have a deep discussion with
Elena Tonetti-Vladimirova, one of the pioneers of Conscious Evolution and
founder of Birth Into Being, about how our traumatic birth experiences
shape our psychology.
* Our world experience begins before conception
* Birth experience is related to emotional memory
* We are raising a society programmed to have needs neglected
* Thousands of years of slavery still live in our bones
* Daniel’s birth and childhood experience
* Most of our fears have deep ancestral roots
* Myths of birth complications
* The altered state of Ecstatic Birth
* The #1 way to avoid complications during birth
* Give birth in a place, in a way, that connects to your true nature
* How to deal with outside pressure when making decisions about your
* What does today’s ReWilded child look like?
* Dissociation is ingrained in us from birth
* An amazing story of a child healing herself from birth trauma
* Healing words of wisdom from Elena
Aug 19, 2014
I will be sharing the occasional stream of consciousness rant on ReWild
Yourself! podcast, and I've just recorded the first one!
* Podcast song origins
* Information on my only ReWilding immersion workshop this year
* Will you ever see me on a TV show?
* Dispatch 4 reflections and Gobekli Tepe
Aug 11, 2014
I am fascinated with entomophagy as of late, and so it was great fun to
record this interview with Daniella Martin — author of Edible: An Adventure
Into the World of Eating Insects and the Last Great Hope to Save the Planet
and the host of Girl Meets Bug, the insect cooking/travel show!
In the interview, we discuss:
* How Daniella became “the bug girl"
* The great resources in Daniella’s book
* Farming insects is not part of indigenous culture
* Insect identification when foraging
* How to avoid parasites when eating insects
* Legs, intestines and exoskeletons — oh my!
* Insect farming
* Cultural taboos surrounding entomophagy
* Tastes of different insects
* Vegans, vegetarians and eating insects
* Long chain fatty acids in insects
* Where is the “insect trend” going?
* The best starter insects
* Freezing vs cooking
Aug 5, 2014
In this episode of ReWild Yourself! podcast, I talk with Ido Portal,
founder of Movement Culture and teacher of movement workshops around the
* Modeling brachiation after apes and children
* Movement diet — digesting movement nutrition
* Specialization vs. Generalization
* "Movement" vs. "Training"
* The problems with modern yoga
* Moving out of alignment
* The natural human resting position
* Flexibility vs. Mobility
* Spine longevity — look to the cat
* Prioritize movement