Now displaying: July, 2014
Jul 28, 2014
In this episode of ReWild Yourself! Podcast, Arthur Haines and I continue
our conversation from earlier podcasts, this time focusing on the
transition from semi-nomadism to sedentism.
* Daily and seasonal movement was a huge part of hunter-gatherer
* Nomadic peoples were not just endless wanderers
* Agriculture is a spectrum
* What emerges when people stop moving?
* Hunter-gatherers were generalists
* Walking was a significant part of the hunter-gatherer lifestyle
* Fit for the gym vs. fit for the earth
* Is working out wasted energy?
* Dissociative gym workouts
* The amazing strength of foraging mothers
Jul 21, 2014
In this episode of ReWild Yourself! Podcast, I talk with Scott Sonnon,
world renowned fitness trainer, founder of TACFIT, public speaker and
* Diminished complexity of physical movement means diminished capacity
* Importance of sweating for stress relief
* Reprogramming movement at the brain stem level
* Being more athletic does not make you more fit for daily life
* Getting back to mobility basics for truly advanced fitness
* When you "stand up straight," are you aligning or distorting your
* Experience high stress and maintain your fine motor skills
* Literally shake off stress
* Focus on the exhale
* Scott's programs and innovative teaching techniques
Jul 15, 2014
In this episode of the ReWild Yourself! podcast, Erwan Le Corre, founder
of MovNat, joins me to talk about natural movement.
* What natural movement means to Erwan
* "Movement" vs. "Exercise"
* Do we need to re-learn to move naturally?
* Connection between movement and survival skills
* Erwan's top strategies to avoid injury during movement training
* Specificity causes body alienation
* The movement you can do this afternoon
Jul 12, 2014
In this episode of ReWild Yourself! podcast, I talk with Nora Gedgaudas
, author of the international best-selling book, Primal Body, Primal Mind
and widely recognized expert on the Paleo Diet.
* The Paleo diet
* Milankovitch cycles explained
* Gobekli Tepi
* The human zoo vs. the factory farm
* Nora’s thoughts on gluten
* Climate of complacency
* The wild mind vs. the domesticated mind
* Cultivate the feral mindset
Jul 10, 2014
In this episode of ReWild Yourself! podcast, Arthur Haines and I continue
our conversation; this time delving into the difference between Food Fads
and the Homo sapiens Diet.
* All diets are fad diets
* What constitutes a fad diet
* The issues with the loss of seasonal foods
* The good side of grains
* Wild rice benefits
* Cultivated foods vs. wild foods
* 4 guidelines for choosing domesticated foods
* Bitter lettuce over iceburg lettuce
* How to eat animal foods
* ReWild your mind
Jul 10, 2014
In this episode of ReWild Yourself! podcast, I talk with Samuel Thayer,
author of The Forager's Harvest and Nature's Garden.
* Sam’s beginnings in foraging
* How foraging effects your world view
* How to get started foraging
* How much wild food can you live on realistically
* Is foraging sustainable for the future?
* Sam’s favorite springtime wild foods